Do you have what it takes to be a volunteer firefighter?
We need you on our team of professional volunteer firefighters. Membership is open to anyone 18 years of age or older. We provide the proper training and education in basic firefighting and more.
Your membership is a serious commitment -- and one we are sure you will find both rewarding and challenging. Stop by the firehouse for an application or download and print one from this page.
One of the finest traditions of American community life is the service which people render to others without remuneration.
Making the decision to become a volunteer firefighter should not be taken lightly. It requires hours of training and a strong commitment to service. Training costs are covered by the fire department, but you'll still need to pass the fitness test and take the NFPA-certified training course. If you are the kind of person who enjoys serving his or her community, the rewards are worth the 'hoops' you'll need to jump through.
Here are some helpful resources:
• FireInYou.org: A great resource for those thinking about becoming volunteer firefighters.
• FireRescue1.com Volunteer Resources: A comprehensive list of info and resources about volunteer firefighting in the US.
• FireDepartments.net: A directory of departments by state and city
• NVFC.org: The National Volunteer Fire Council online
• VolunteerFD.org Forum: See what volunteers are saying